[rt-users] Old RT and New RT ?

aseim99 aseim.safaya at zf-uk.com
Wed May 11 04:13:37 EDT 2011

I see. Well i will have to learn basics of perl first to enable me to play
around with code. We have the rt-mailgate script under /etc/smrsh/ and not
touching the script under rt3/bin/ . Will that be ok ?
He will not be interested in contacting their sales team in this matter. So
as i understand :

Put code in rt-mailgate to extract ticket number from subject . Then use
this ticket number as a parameter in aliases to forward it to the old url.
It does sound simply but sure is one hella of a task for someone who has no
knowledge of perl. Though i am willing to learn it !

Thanks for your help mates. Any more info you or anyone can provide in this
perl matter ?

cheers