[rt-users] Copy of first email with ticket number in subject

Alex Dyas adyas at linalis.com
Fri Nov 25 11:05:28 EST 2011

(re-sent with proper subject, apologies).

Hello,

RT 4.0.2.

I'm fairly new to RT, this being my first install.

Can someone explain if it is possible for RT to forward, on ticket
creation, the initial email, complete with the ticket number in the
subject, to a given email address?  This would make it much easier for
our staff to pick up an issue by email, and not have to fuss around
adding the ticket number to the subject, or replying from the web
interface.

Or perhaps there is a better way of doing this?  The goal is to make it
easier for our staff to quickly follow up an issue with a client, having
the right ticket number in the subject, and RT in copy.

I am thinking to use Scrips for this, but I am not sure the best way to
go about it.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

--
Alex Dyas, Manager - Systems Administration
Tel: +41 22 348 30 15

Expert en Services, Formation et Recrutement BI et Applications Web (CMS, CRM)
Partenaires certifies de Pentaho (BI), Jedox (Palo), Acquia (Drupal), SugarCRM et Infobright