[rt-users] CLI Scripting Question

Nehmer Torben Torben.Nehmer at cancom.de
Wed Nov 30 03:28:53 EST 2011

Hi,

> It wouldn't work. Most times it's easier to use
> $tickets->FromSQL("Queue = 'x' AND (Status ...)") instead of Limit*
> calls. LIKE adding % around arguments is historical thing. Use
> MATCHES.

Using OPERATOR => 'MATCHES' produces an error:

[Wed Nov 30 08:15:28 2011] [error]: RestrictionsToClauses: Invalid operator MATCHES for Subject (STRING) at /usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Tickets.pm line 3363. (/usr/share/request-tracker4/lib/RT/Tickets.pm:3416)

MATCHES in FromSQL does effectively break the entire query, LIKE in FromSQL has the same bahvoir as LimitSubject.

Besides, I find it much more error prone to build SQL queries by hand.

So I am still where I started.

It can't be that hard to do a query the subject for a string on the beginning without patching the Perl SearchBuilder modules itself, can it?

Best regards,
Torben