[rt-users] Weekend Update rt3.8.8 -> rt4.0.2 gone awry

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Sat Sep 3 14:13:35 EDT 2011

Hi,

As all options in the RT config you should copy original from RT_Config.pm
into RT_SiteConfig.pm. Hash options (options that start with %) are special
as those are merged, so you can replace only one element in a hash. Hash
merging works in 4.0.x and newer. In RT 3.8 you have to copy whole option
even if it's hash based.

For example, option X in RT_Config.pm has the following value:

Set( %X, key1 => 'value1', key2 => 'value2' );

In RT_SiteConfig.pm the following lines have different meaning in RT3 and
RT4:

Set( %X, key1 => 'my_value' );
# RT3: replaces key1 and deletes value of key2
# RT4: replaces key1, but key2 is still set to value2

This only works one level deep. In context of lifecycles this means that you
have to copy default lifecycle completely and adjust, but you can skip
copying 'approvals' lifecycle that is less customizable.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.