[rt-users] queue disabled but still getting tickets

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Aug 13 10:55:41 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 09:56:50AM -0500, Aaron Zuercher wrote:
>    I have disabled one of my queues to prevent new ticket submission but new tickets are still
>    showing up. How to I stop this? I don't want to remove the queue because I want to reopen it
>    in a month.
>
>    I disabled it by going to TOOLS > CONFIG > QUEUES and unchecking enabled box.

Currently in RT, disabled queues still allow ticket creation.  This is
because of a historical quirk where the ___Approvals queue is disabled
but still allows ticket creation.

It's likely that this will change in 4.2.

I assume that these new tickets are coming via rt-mailgate?  You can
remove or re-route those aliases or remove the CreateTicket rights on
that queue (although this won't work if you've granted CreateTicket
too widely).

-kevin