[rt-users] RT, and the "priority" flag in Outlook?

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 16:07:24 EDT 2012

________________________________
 From: "ktm at rice.edu" <ktm at rice.edu>
To: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 at yahoo.com>
Cc: "RT- Users at lists.bestpractical.com" <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT, and the "priority" flag in Outlook?

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:03:57AM -0700, Joseph Spenner wrote:
> Is there a way to create a ticket, or some code I can apply to my existing RT installation such that I can create a ticket in RT and have it display the priority "!" in Outlook?  I'm using RT 3.8.8.

I think you need to add one or more of the following mail headers to your
template:

They are what Outlook/Outlook Express use to determine a high priority
message.

===

Ken, thanks for the info!
Ideally, the user could set the priority value in the ticket during creation.
I think I could intercept the email in /etc/aliases and insert those headers if a priority is exceeded.  But how can I determine the priority (as set in RT) from the headers?  Is there anything in the headers with RT priority info?