[rt-users] Set up problems

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Mon Aug 20 20:11:25 EDT 2012

I send a copy of my latest code to my client.  He followed my installation
instructions (added the plugin name to RT_SiteConfig.pm @Plugins, do a
"perl Makefile.pm; make; make initdb; make install", restart the server),
but when he tries to go to the first page of my code
http://hisdomain.com/rt/cf/change_request.html, it redirects him to
https://hisdomain.com/rt/SelfService/

Unfortunately he isn't allowed to give me a look at their config file or
their web server configuration or anything.  So what do I tell him to look
for?  He did verify that my web page does appear to be in
/opt/rt4/local/plugins/cf/html/cf.  In spite of the fact that the won't let
me poke around, saying "It works for me on two of my computers" isn't going
to be good enough for them.  So how do I help them figure out what's going
wrong?

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin
http://careers.stackoverflow.com/ptomblin