[rt-users] How do I "unsquelch" a user?

Rob Lister rob at lonap.net
Wed Aug 22 09:09:11 EDT 2012

Greetings,

Have done some searching trying to find out what a "Squelched" user is
in RT (marked in the ticket as either "somename (squelched)" or
in the "People" page as "somename (Will not be sent email)".

I can't for the life of me figure out how to undo this, or how it
got there. Some searching suggests that it's because the e-mail address
field is blank, but there is definitely an e-mail address there.
http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=14155778

Clicking about in the interface and trying various things like renaming the
user (can't find a delete option) don't get me anywhere.

So.. how do I "un-squelch" this contact so that we can reply to his ticket?

Thanks,

Rob