[rt-users] Custom authentication script fails with > ExternalAuthPriority not defined, please check your configuration file

Scotto Alberto al.scotto at reply.it
Thu Dec 20 06:56:44 EST 2012

Hi all,

I'm writing a PHP application (a cloud self-service application that lets developers create testing environments and so on) for the company where I also installed RT. For the authentication part, I thought to authenticate users against RT, since the users of my PHP app are a subset of RT's users.
So, I'm down to writing a script (attached) that authenticates a user against RT, to be called from a PHP script.
On RT I have RT-Authen-ExternalAuth that connects to LDAP.
So in my perl script I've had to make two tries: first RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DoAuth (for domain users); then, if it fails, $user->IsPassword($pass) (for local users).
The problem is with RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DoAuth; instead, the auth of local users with IsPassword always works.
If I execute the script as root, it goes smooth.
But for security reasons I want to execute it as another user (I created the Unix user "selfservice", as well as the RT user "selfservice"). Executing the script as this Unix user, DoAuth fails with the following message:

ExternalAuthPriority not defined, please check your configuration file.

What am I missing?

Thank you very much!

Regards

Alberto Scotto

Blue Reply
Via Cardinal Massaia, 83
10147 - Torino - ITALY
phone: +39 011 29100
al.scotto at reply.it
www.reply.it

[Blue Reply]

--
The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.