[rt-users] Filter by requestor email domain

Bart bart at pleh.info
Fri Feb 3 04:45:28 EST 2012

I think your exception list is ok, but this line basically tells the if
statement that the content needs to exactly match your list:

  return if grep { $ticketRequestor eq lc($_) } @exceptionList;

Instead of eq you could try using =~ instead, below a little info:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/codecorn/littperl/perlreg.htm#SymbolExplanations

You might also need to edit the exception list with /@example.com/, or
something like that.

Maybe someone with a little more programming skills can reply on this ^_^
I'm not sure if the above would work.

-- Bart

Op 2 februari 2012 21:56 schreef Ram Moskovitz <ram0502 at gmail.com> het
volgende:

> Thanks Bart,
> That looks good. I'm having an issue with it though - I need to match
> against a regexp for the exception list.. I added an entry like '*@
> example.com' to @exceptionlist  and rt is still sending out create
> confirmations. What am I missing?
> thanks!
>

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 2:41 AM, Bart <bart at pleh.info> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We had a similar requirement for a bunch of e-mail addresses.
>>
>> This can be achieved by editing the autoreply scrip to look something
>> like this:
>>
>>    - Condition: User Defined
>>    - Action: Auto Reply To Requestors
>>    - Template: Your AutoReply template
>>    - Stage: TransactionCreate
>>    - Custom Condition:
>>

>> my @exceptionList = ('name1 at example.com',
>>                      'name2 at example.com',
>>                      'name3 at example.com');
>>
>> my $transactionType = $self->TransactionObj->Type;
>> my $ticketRequestor = lc($self->TicketObj->RequestorAddresses);
>> my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;
>>
>> if ($transactionType eq 'Create') {
>>   return if grep { $ticketRequestor eq lc($_) } @exceptionList;
>>   my $msgattr = $trans->Message->First;
>>   return 0 unless $msgattr;
>>   return 1 if $msgattr->GetHeader('Received');
>> }
>> return 0;
>>
>> In addition the above only sends an autoreply when someone sends an
>> e-mail, in our case we don't like the autoreply mails when we manually
>> create a ticket (e.g. via quick create).
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> -- Bart
>>

>> Op 25 januari 2012 21:02 schreef Ram Moskovitz <ram0502 at gmail.com> het
>> volgende:
>>
>>>  Hey there,
>>> I'm looking to not auto-reply on create to inbound emails from a certain
>>> domain ( anything at example.com and even anything at sd.example.com). I
>>> suppose the right way to go about this is via user defined condition in the
>>> global scrip for autoreply on create. I have steps 1 and 3.. what's step 2?
>>>
>>> 1 return 0 unless $self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Create";
>>> 2 return 0 if #self->TicketObj->????