[rt-users] rt-4.0.5 - How to populate a custom field using a web service?

Jim Lesinski jim.lesinski at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 11:32:47 EST 2012

There seems to be a lot of confusion about what I am asking. I am sorry if
I am not making myself clear. Please check out the attached image which
shows exactly what I am looking at. Maybe I am interpreting it wrong, but
the field Jeff describes is not the one I am asking about. I am referring
to the field below it called "Include Page" which states:

"RT can include content from another web service when showing this custom
field. Fill in this field with a URL. RT will replace __id__ and
__CustomField__ with the record's id and the custom field's value,
respectively. Some browsers may only load content from the same domain as
your RT server."

This seems to imply to me that the custom field can in fact include values
from a web service. Or does this mean that it can render content in an
iFrame or something? If someone can clarify what that field does I think
that would be all I need.