[rt-users] SelfService and ticket submission via Mail

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 17 10:04:17 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 01:50:26PM +0000, Howell, Van wrote:
> I can do that, but another problem occurred to me.
> From time to time Students and sometimes Faculty and Staff use email addresses not assigned by the University.
> Will RT setup another account or just ignore the message? Can I setup a response that will tell them to use their University account?

Yes, RT will create a new account by default. There are a few options.
You can configure RT-Authen-ExternalAuth to disallow mail from email
addresses that aren't in LDAP. Or you can use the MergeUsers extension
to go in and merge people together after the fact.

If all their addresses are in LDAP, there's a branch of
RT-Authen-ExternalAuth you could test.

-kevin