[rt-users] Adding Queue Custom Field To Email From Field

David Thorpe david at whitestores.co.uk
Mon Feb 20 08:04:20 EST 2012

Hi Guys,

Installed the latest production build of RT last week. Absolutely loving it
and it has increased productivity massively. In the queue settings, we use
the description field to describe the list in about a paragraph so that we
can list all queues and their use on our intranet. It appears that when
emails are sent out to people creating tickets, the FROM field contains
this description, we end up with a  long string of text that makes it hard
to understand who the email is from.

My question is, I want to add a custom field into each Queue which isn't a
problem, this is done and is called my "Email From" field. I want this
field to appear as the From Field in emails to people when they submit a
ticket. But I want the current from ADDRESS to stay automatic as it does.
Am I missing something, is this simple to do?