[rt-users] rt 4.0.5 - Autocomplete field type for external custom field does not work for non root user

Jim Lesinski jim.lesinski at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 11:32:31 EST 2012

I turned on debug (*new to me) and it looks like this is the relevant error
in the logs:

Feb 28 11:22:11 buf-rtdev RT: Permission denied. User #63 has no
SeeCustomField right on CF #13

If I assign SeeCustomField directly to the custom field (#13) for RTUser,
then the autocomplete value works.

Maybe I am missing something here with permissions... Should I be assigning
group or specific user permissions on a field by field basis? Up until now
I had only put users in groups and assigned group permissions to queues. I
do have a couple nested groups as well, but no permissions explicitly
defined on a per field basis. It seems like it should be working though
since it does work for other field types, just not autocomplete.