[rt-users] RT report and Incorrect username or password.

csbender csbender at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 29 09:42:00 EST 2012

Hi folks

I am glad to join this community.

We are running rt-3.8.6.

Reports for RT stopped working.

I investigated where syslog shows a lot of errors for failure to login.
Being suspicious I decided to run basic sql commands to see if I can login.

Mind you I can log into the system via http.

rt3#  /usr/local/bin/rt ls -i "Created > '1 Year Ago' AND Status != 'resolved'"
-o -Created | xargs /usr/local/bin/report.pl
rt: Incorrect username or password.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

I ran same command below with these results thinking that I should be able to
login.

rt3# mysql -u chris.bender at localhost -p
Enter password:
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

It appears to be a login issue. I found a pl scrip that is basically the Config
basics for

for RT_SiteConfig.pm. I changed the name to protect the innocent...me.

Here it is…

# Any configuration directives you include  here will override
# RT's default configuration file, RT_Config.pm
#
# To include a directive here, just copy the equivalent statement
# from RT_Config.pm and change the value. We've included a single
# sample value below.
#
# This file is actually a perl module, so you can include valid
# perl code, as well.
#
# The converse is also true, if this file isn't valid perl, you're
# going to run into trouble. To check your SiteConfig file, use
# this comamnd:
#
#   perl -c /usr/local/etc/rt38/RT_SiteConfig.pm

# Set( $rtname, 'example.com');
Set($rtname, 'ABC.ABC.com');
Set($Organization, 'ABC.ABC.com');

Set($CorrespondAddress , 'rt at abc.abc.com');
Set($CommentAddress , 'rt-comment at abc.abc.com');

# THE DATABASE:
Set($DatabaseType, 'mysql'); # e.g. Pg or mysql
Set($DatabaseUser , 'rt_user');
Set($DatabasePassword , 'rt_pass');
Set($DatabaseName , 'rt');
Set($DatabaseHost   , 'db.abc.abc.com');
Set($DatabaseRTHost , 'db.abc.abc.com');

# THE WEBSERVER:
Set($WebPath , "");
Set($WebBaseURL , "http://rt3.abc.abc.com");

# SYSLOG FIX
@LogToSyslogConf = ( socket => 'stream' );
# @LogToSyslogConf = ( socket => 'inet' );

#Set(@Plugins,(qw(Extension::QuickDelete RT::FM)));
Set(@ActiveStatus, qw(new open pending p-logistic resolved));
1;

I am new and trying pick this up. Any pointers would be gladly received.

Regards