[rt-users] Two questions

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jan 31 12:35:12 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 09:28:00AM -0500, Josh Narins wrote:
>    I got partway along writing a Mail Plugin for RT3.8, but, somewhere along the way, I lost it.
>
>    Can anyone point me to any documentation on them? My goal is to remove the endlessly
>    duplicating newlines of the quoted text on each reply to our tickets and to remove the
>    signatures.

There is actually code in 3.8.10 or later to work around Outlook's
bugs with newlines.

You probably want to look at CommandByMail or the GnuPG encryption
plugin for an example of how to work with the mail.

>    Certain people aren't quite clear on who should be assigning tickets to whom, so, I'd like to
>    be able to block that. Is this a transactionbatch step? Can anyone point me to what I'd need
>    to add the code I need to block that?

You'd probably be better off just hiding the Owners dropdown from some
people (or ensuring they don't have ModifyTicket).

If you want to do it from a Scrip, you only need a normal
TransactionCreate Scrip when an OwnerChange condition and a custom
action.

-kevin