[rt-users] Time Calculation in Search Queries

Payam Poursaied me at payam124.com
Sun Jul 8 10:03:48 EDT 2012

Hi all

One of my colleagues intended to get daily updates on tickets which has been
not updated for past 12 hours.

I wrote a perl script and used REST interface. Then parse the output and
based on the results, email him.

The web URL is something like below which I substitute date with current
date-time minus 12 hours

http://ticket/rt/REST/1.0/search/ticket?query=Queue = 'NOC-Voice' AND (
Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open' OR Status = 'stalled' ) AND LastUpdated <
'2012-6-8 16:51'

another way came to my mind but I could not completely implement it due to
time calculation. In the second way, I intended to create a search and put
it into dashboard and subscribe to that dashboard to have it each day in the
mailbox. The problem which I could  not figure it out, is how to do date
calculation in search query, i.e. something like "LastUpdated <= NOW() - 12
hours"

is there any mechanism like this at all?