[rt-users] Charset for logs

Ole Jon Bjørkum olejon at live.com
Fri Jul 20 03:24:22 EDT 2012

Ever since we started to use RT (before 3.8.7, now 4.0.4), it doesn't seem to use the correct charset for logging. All norwegian characters (æøå) becomes: �. I can see this because we have scrips that contain norwegian characters, and every time a scrip is launched, it is logged to the Apache log. Today I also noticed that if I subscribe to a dashboard with norwegian characters in its name, the subject of the email sent out also have this problem (� instead of æ, ø or å). The email body however, has the correct charset. There is no charset problems in the web UI. How can this be fixed?
Thanks