[rt-users] Some questions, a few oddities, and some must-haves...

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 6 22:54:49 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 04:29:01PM -0400, Glenn E. Sieb wrote:
> 1) Can I get a spellchecker to work in 4.0.5? We're setting this up
> for some people here who require a spell checker, and
> Firefox/Chrome's built-in will *not* work with RT's ticket body
> boxes. :-/ If this is possible, is there a howto? I've read the
> wiki, but they all seem to be for 3.x.x, not 4.

Firefox and Chrome's spellcheckers work fine.  In fact, I get the
highlighting as I type.  If that doesn't work, hold control when you
right-click to get to your spellchecker menu.

> 2) Is there an extension that lets me define a signature for
> separate queues? (It can be only per queue, it doesn't have to be
> per-user.) So, a signature that all emails going out from queueA
> get, queueB has it's own, queueC it's own, etc.

There isn't a feature for this in the message editor, but you could
certainly add queue specific Correspondence templates that contain a
signature.

> 3) I run RT 4.0.5 on my home server, and have since version 2. I set
> up 4.0.5 here at work, and I noticed some oddities. The submenu
> disappears on submission of a form. (Screen captures are here:
> http://www.wingfoot.org/gallery/v/Glenn/ges-misc/RT/, pink is the
> work site, brown is the home server) Needless to say, my users are
> not liking this, and really, I'm finding it odd.

> 4) Possibly related to #3, when I go to Tickets/New Search, I'll
> fill out the criteria area, and hit "Add these terms and search"..
> blank results. Every time. And no submenu. (So the menu under the
> "New Ticket in" button that says "Edit Search" etc.) If I put the
> criteria in as "Add these terms" then click "Show results" in the
> submenu, I get results. Occasionally, I get the submenu. Oddness.
> :-/

There were a few fixes to submenus in 4.0.6.  If you have replication
recipes for 4.0.6, please file a bug with them.

Thanks

-kevin