[rt-users] rt-crontool question..

Kenneth Crocker kenn.crocker at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 20:24:39 EDT 2012

Glenn,

you don't have to necessarily do this with Cronjob. RT has Dashboards that
can run Queries on a scheduled basis and send the results to whomever you
want.

Try creating a Search or series of searches, depending on who is
responsible for what Queues/Tickets, and then saving those searches for a
group or globally and then put those searches into a dashboard or series of
dashboards and set them up to run based on need.

For example, if you want Queue/Ticket owners to get a list of tickets that
have been in the Queue for more than a week and have no time worked or
whatever, create a search to do that and then put it into a dashboard for
that person/Queue persons.

OR, you can set up a search to run in cronjob.

Just a thought.

Kenn