[rt-users] callback for autoclose in RT4

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Mar 19 11:48:44 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 01:49:52PM +0100, inbel1 at telenet.be wrote:
>    We automatically close our tickets when replying to the requestor.
>
>    In RT3 I changed .../Ticket/Update.html
>
>    from:
>
>    if ($DefaultStatus =~ '~new$') {
>
>             $DefaultStatus = 'open';
>
>    }

We actually removed this code in 4.0, because all the status changes
are controlled by Lifecycles or Scrips

>    *** If you use a scrip, the ticket will always be closed (it's a post action).
>    Default behavior should be: close it, but users should be able to override this by selecting
>    another status from the drop down box.

That's what happens with On Correspond Open Ticket, the default RT
scrip.  If you notice, you can pick Resolve on the list and it'll end
up resolved, even if you correspond.  You can also use Lifecycles to
control some of the tabs that users use to get to the Reply page.
You may need to use a callback to modify the Menu that links Reply.