[rt-users] RT 4.0.5 smrsh and EX_TEMPFAIL

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 30 10:54:36 EDT 2012

On 03/30/2012 10:51 AM, Senior.Unix wrote:
> I tried the --debug flag but it didn't produce anything substantial.

...  what did it produce?

Did you look at your webserver logs?  Are there hits to
/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway?

> I did find the RTAddressRegexp setting within RT_SiteConfig.pm was
> off and fixed that , but, it didn't fix my problem.

RTAddressRegexp has nothing to do with this problem.  It matches
incoming email address, but is _used_ for _outgoing_ mail.

> I also made sure my userid had all permissions turned on but still
> nothing.

Which userid?  Not your RT user, but the unix user.  That is, sendmail
isn't running as your normal unix account, so if you test with your
normal unix account you're not testing the actual environment sendmail
is running under.

Thomas