[rt-users] Require owner before update

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Fri May 18 09:44:20 EDT 2012

On 05/18/2012 07:49 AM, Mayk Backus wrote:
> I'm searching the list but can't find anything usefull for now. At our
> site, a lot of agents lack becoming owner of tickets.  I want them to
> take a ticket first and then start working on it. Is there a way to
> force this that the must be an owner set ?

Remove the rights granted globally or on a queue/group level and only
grant ticket modification rights to the Owner role.  Make sure they have
TakeTicket even when they're not the Owner.

With this setup correctly, if they're not the Owner, they won't have the
modification rights.  If they are the Owner, they'll pick up the
modification rights.

Thomas