[rt-users] RT 4 Upgrade Slow Performance - CustomFields?

Nathan Baker bakern at gmail.com
Thu May 31 16:07:25 EDT 2012

Thanks Kenn, I checked and didn't see any permissions globally set for
everyone, except the Create Ticket right is set for Everyone on each of our
queues.

I made a few more changes though and am considering the problem fixed at
this point.  I found that the system was doing a lot of memory swapping,
even though I increased the memory from 512MB with RT 3.8.8 (and MySQL) to
2GB with 4.0.5 (and Postgresql).  I disabled all debugging and heavy
logging, and adjusted the Apache configuration to increase the
KeepAliveTimeout to 60 and reduce the MinSpareServers and MaxSpareServers.
 The apache processes were using between 60-100MB each (because of modperl
I think), so if you have 15 apache processes running that's potentially
1.5GB.  After making that change the system is "lightning fast" again.  I
still might add 1-2GB of memory just to be safe, I just didn't think that
much should be necessary.

I also have rt-clean-sessions running every night, which should help some.

Thank you everyone that helped!