[rt-users] RT 4.08 Account creation

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Nov 29 11:49:24 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:47:27PM -0500, John Johnston wrote:
>    Actually no, REMOTE_USER in our institution includes the domain name, so in this example it
>    would be johnj at msu.edu.  I have double checked this by having the form spit out the
>    variables returned by the Shibboleth IdP.

>         my $ticket = RT::Client::REST::Ticket->new(
>             rt  => $rt,
>             queue   => "General",
>             subject => "$your_subject",
>             requestor => [$your_netid],
>             cf => {
>                     'public' => $your_public,
>                 },
>         )->store(text => "$your_comments");
>     my $newticket =  $ticket->id;

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what's different between your code and the
straight REST interface, but using bin/rt to create a ticket:

    id: ticket/new
    Queue: General
    Requestor: johnj at msu.edu
    Subject: subject

Nets me a new user with your email address as the username and the email
address. This is plain RT4. If you're seeing different behavior, I
assume there is a modification, go looking for a local definition of
CanonicalizeUserInfo.

-kevin