[rt-users] Updating parent tickets with time fields

Alex Young AlexYoung at HousingPartners.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 05:34:33 EDT 2012

I have very slightly modified the AutoUpdate Parents with TimeWorked
script
(http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/AutoUpdate_Parents_with_TImeWorked
) to also update Time Estimated and Time Left.

Everything works fine, except it doesn't update the parent ticket if you
put any time values in during ticket creation. As we are creating a lot
of child tickets, it would be much easier for us to be able to update
these fields during child ticket creation, rather than going into each
ticket to update them.

Any ideas how I could get this scrip to update when a ticket is created,
as well as when the field itself is modified?

Thanks.