[rt-users] configure RT-Authen-ExternalAuth to not verify certificates

Brent Wiese bwiese at ElementPS.com
Fri Sep 7 02:30:52 EDT 2012

> Hello All,
>
> Is there anyway to configure RT-Authen-ExternalAuth to not verify ssl
> certificates? I'm hitting an ldap server that has a self-signed cert
> and it would be much more simple to not verify the certificate. I tried
> adding "verify => 'none'" to net_ldap_args which is used by Net::LDAP
> start_tls but that didn't work.
>
> --
> Later,
> Darin

I realize this is an old post, but I didn't see any responses.

I struggled with this too. Turned out to be far easier to append the self-signed cert (or internal CA depending on your situation) to my ca-bundle.crt file on my RT box.