[rt-users] RT internals

Asanka Gunasekera asanka_gunasekera at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 10 07:20:48 EDT 2012

Hi does any one can point me to some reference that will give me how RT works internally (Trouble shooting purposes) I need to know things like

1. where all this configurations are stored in RT (custom fields, actual Scripts, templates, Attachemnt etc)
2. Does the RT keep all the modification that I do using root dash board (or any other) in the DB
3. if I need to migrate to a new installation (with out upgrade) how would I go about this task (would it be as just to create the new instance and configure all the plugins as per the current and just do a backup and restore on the db)

4. What would be the consequences if I try to change "webdomain" (problem is our organization domain has changed since the commission of RT)

5. I have below problem

"Couldn't find Ticket for reminder 1656. Please contact administrator."

though I have put this resolve reminder when the ticket resolved some times these messages keeps pooping up and I have to change the status manually from DB. I have tested this script and for me works perfectly.

I tried to trace the ticket id by going through the DB from backebnd but I am unable to put tickets and reminders (how do I find the relations)

Appreciate any help that you can provide

Thanks and Regards