[rt-users] Notify user from scrip about missing field

Jack Zabolotnyi jzabolotnyi at arces.net
Fri Sep 21 02:42:57 EDT 2012

Thank you for your reply. Hovewer, it's not an option for me to notify
users via email, because it will make a lot of mess: user replies in
ticket, hist reply is not accepted (but is accepted on web-page, and later
deleted), user receives email that his comment was not accepted... I'm sure
this will not make any good for me...

I was trying to deal with this using mandatory fields, but as i found out,
they are not so mandatory: if someone who's unable to view field creates
ticket, RT accepts it, and this mandatory field has value '(no value)'. And
even if someone later updates ticket, rt will accept changes even if value
for such field was not set... This is very sad for me....

e: jzabolotnyi at arces.net
w: http://www.arces.net