[rt-users] How to link SLAs to customer (requestors) or groups

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Sep 27 11:43:04 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 04:49:43PM +0200, Hans Vos | Drecomm wrote:
> We are looking into implementing RT for our organization. For this
> to work we need to have SLA support. I found an extension for this
> and as I understand it an SLA is assigned based on a queue. This
> behavior is slightly confusing to me and I don't see how this would
> work.
>
> SLAs are linked to customers and when an employee from company X
> sends us an e-mail (where company X has a Bronze SLA) we would like
> RT to assign that particular SLA to the ticket. For this to work I
> think SLAs need to be linked to requestors or maybe groups. We then
> link the contact for that company to the group as requestors.

In this case, you have a Bronze queue that people email (that's how we
do it).

However, I've implemented user specific overrides by creating a User
custom field and on ticket creation, if the user has the custom field
set, overriding the queue default SLA value. You could do similar things by
checking the requestor's groups for CFs rather than checking the
Requestor for CFs.

-kevin