[rt-users] Warning when open ticket 'Modify people' in RT4

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 12 18:51:42 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 05:01:38PM -0500, Ken Johnson wrote:

> I recently upgraded an RT installation from 3.4.5 to 4.0.7, in parallel to
> the original installation, and am still testing RT 4.0.
>
> In general things look good now, but I receive this warning in the Apache2
> error.log when I select the Modify people option for a ticket.
> For example, (http://10.20.30.40/rt4/Ticket/ModifyPeople.html?id=12345)
> (real IP address obscured...)
>
> [Fri Apr 12 21:34:10 2013] [warning]: Use of uninitialized value
> $Text::Template::GEN5::comment in substitution (s///) at template line 1.
> (template:1)

Your Admin Comment template likely contains older code that a) warns
and b) has some bugs.

You can go find that template and compare it to the code here:
https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/etc/initialdata#L295

After editing your template, ensure that AdminCcs are still sent mail
on Comments.  It's easy to introduce errors there.

-kevin