[rt-users] Possible bug in fulltext search with mysql and sphinx

Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it
Mon Apr 15 06:02:52 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I am running RT 4.0.10 oh a CentOS server (64bit).
I have set up full text search with mysql and sphinx 2.0.7.

I was able to search using the "search" tool from sphinx, but whenever I tried a search in RT I got 0 results.

Looking in the RT log I found this error:
"ERROR 1430: There was a problem processing the query on the foreign data source.
Data source error: INTERNAL ERROR: 1st column must be bigint to accept 64-bit DOCID"

After a lot of research, I dropped and recreated the AttachmentsIndex table, changing the Id field from int(10) to bigint.
Now search in RT works correctly.

Hope this helps.
Cristiano Guadagnino
Servizio Data Administration
Bankadati S.I.
Gruppo Credito Valtellinese
Tel. +39-0342-522172
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/attachments/20130415/c12b7564/attachment.htm>

More information about the rt-users mailing list