[rt-users] Possible bug in fulltext search with mysql and sphinx

Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it
Mon Apr 15 06:02:52 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I am running RT 4.0.10 oh a CentOS server (64bit).
I have set up full text search with mysql and sphinx 2.0.7.

I was able to search using the "search" tool from sphinx, but whenever I tried a search in RT I got 0 results.

Looking in the RT log I found this error:
"ERROR 1430: There was a problem processing the query on the foreign data source.
Data source error: INTERNAL ERROR: 1st column must be bigint to accept 64-bit DOCID"

After a lot of research, I dropped and recreated the AttachmentsIndex table, changing the Id field from int(10) to bigint.
Now search in RT works correctly.

Hope this helps.
Bye
Cristiano