[rt-users] Check boxes - simplified recipient list - broken

Bart bart at pleh.info
Thu Dec 19 05:07:03 EST 2013

Hi,

I've  done an upgrade from RT 4.0.18 to 4.2.1, and eventually even did a
fresh install of 4.2.1 to solve some issues I was having.

One of the issues I was having had to do with the simplified recipient list
and the one-time cc/bcc check boxes.

*1) One-time CC/BCC check boxes*

With my upgraded installation these were broken.

When selecting someone from the available names related to a ticket, it
would not add those persons to the input field (it would stay blank) + when
sending a reply that person wouldn't receive an e-mail.

When I manually enter a persons name for the one-time cc, then it worked.

After doing a fresh installation this problem was resolved, so something in
my upgraded installation caused this problem but I'm glad it's now fixed!

*2) simplified recipient list*

In addition to the above I have a problem with the simplified recipient
list.
Since it's simple to understand this is the default I serve to our RT users.

By default it selects the people linked to a ticket (requestor/cc) and when
sending emails to them it all just works.

The problem however is that when you want to "uncheck" a person, that it
still sends e-mails to that person... Even when unchecking all people,
entering 1 new person in the one-time cc, it would send an e-mail to
everyone including the one-time cc person....

To do some more testing I've started using the "extended" revipient list,
and while doing so I noticed that that one works just fine. You can uncheck
either the To or Cc and RT honors this setting and everything works.

So as a workaround I've made sure that everyone now uses the "extended"
revipient list instead of the simple one (default has been changed as well).

All of this is perfectly checkable by looking at the outgoing mail records
in the RT ticket histroy.

But, even after a fresh installation of version 4.2.1 this still seems to
be broken.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem with RT 4.2.1? In the RT for RT I
couldn't find a buglisting for this specific issue, so if more people are
experiencing this. If it's reproducable then I'll file the bug, but right
now I'm uncertain if it's a bug or still a problem with my installation.

-- Bart

*P.s.*

Due to having to check the RT outgoing mail records I've noticed a layout
issue, the header is overlapping with the actual e-mail record making it
sometimes impossible to read the CC field.

I've done this simple, but not so nice, hack to properly show the e-mail
record so that all e-mail headers are viewable:

mkdir -p /opt/rt4/local/html/Ticket/
cp /opt/rt4/share/html/Ticket/ShowEmailRecord.html
/opt/rt4/local/html/Ticket/ShowEmailRecord.html
nano -w /opt/rt4/local/html/Ticket/ShowEmailRecord.html

Change the following:

Old:

$m->out('<div id="body">');

New:

This adds a few line breaks so that it moves the actual content down making
the top e-mail header visible.