[rt-users] Recommended Upgrade Path

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 4 14:51:14 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 07:44:53AM -1000, Camron W. Fox wrote:
> 	As all of the equipment is new, I would like to, if at all possible, to
> install 4.0.9 from scratch on one of the new machines and import the DB
> data from the old 3.6.6 installation.
>
> 	I'd rather not migrate the 3.6.6 installation to a new machine and then
> have to upgrade to the 4.0.9 version on that machine. Seems like we
> should be able to simplify the procedure.

As noted later in the thread, nothing in the docs or in my blog
post imply that you have to upgrade to 4.0 before copying to the
new box. What you've described (copying the 3.6 db to the new 4.0
box) is standard.

If you find official documentation suggesting otherwise, please let us
know so it can be fixed.

-kevin