[rt-users] Could someone help a newb evaluating RT with email setup?

Aaron Guise aaron at guise.net.nz
Mon Feb 18 22:04:37 EST 2013

I have put some further detail on the Request Tracker wiki @
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Relaying_mail_from_Microsoft_Exchange_2007_to_RT
[1]

---

REGARDS,

AARON GUISE

 aaron at guise.net.nz

On 2013-02-19
10:25, John Buell wrote:

> I've got most of a skeletal set up done, I
think. I'm using an old HP server box with Ubuntu 12.04 installed.
Rather than running the rt in the Ubuntu software repository though, I
went ahead and downloaded 4.0.10 myself and installed it and all of the
perl modules. I'm only intending the web server portion to be available
within our local network (so I haven't enabled SSL), though I did go
ahead and make a dns entry for rt.countrysampler.com so that it resolves
to the correct internal IP address.

> Web configuration went ok,
MySQL configuration went ok (I've used MySQL before as the backend for
another vendor's ticket system), I just can't for the life of me figure
out how to get RT to talk to our Exchange 2010 server. I've got the root
user enabled (for the moment), myself set up within RT as a privileged
user, and all of my employees (38) entered. I have 14 departments set
up, so that I can track who has the most problems. I've added eight
ticket queues (hardware, software, phones, etc) and have been setting up
the appropriate permissions so that people can sign in and create
tickets. As the lone privileged user, I'm the only one that can
close/modify the tickets once entered. So far so good.

> We have an
Exchange 2010 server running on a virtual machine (Hyper-V) that would
be able to listen for and respond to email. I've gone through some
documentation I've found online, but most everything seems to be for
older versions of Exchange. I've created a dedicated user account to be
the sender/reply-to for all messages generated through RT
(stcadmin at countrysampler.com), but where on Earth do I set it up so that
RT and Exchange are talking?

> I realize these sorts of things must
have been asked a million times before, and for that I apologize, but if
I could find a couple quick config files or something, I wouldn't harass
you folks. :)

> Thanks in advance,
> John Buell
> Systems