[rt-users] Getting message 'Could not load ticket new' when attempting to create ticket in rt4

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 21 11:59:30 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:25:41AM -0500, Portfolio Aid wrote:
>    After doing some digging, I realized that 'new' is the default Ticket id assigned during
>    ticket creation and that the user is supposed to be directed to Display.html if the ticket is
>    successfully created. Looking at the source of Display.html, I realized it was calling
>    LoadTicket($id) during it's initialization where $id is set to 'new'. But it is doing this
>    before actually calling the Ticket create function and that is why the error gets reported.
>    Removing that line results in me generating the ticket successfully.

You should compare your Display.html to a vanilla one from git or a
tarball.  The LoadTicket($id) call happens in the else block of a
statement which checks if $id eq 'new' so you shouldn't be getting
into that block.

https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/share/html/Ticket/Display.html#L138

-kevin