[rt-users] LDAPImport size limit woes

Nathan Cutler presnypreklad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 05:15:15 EDT 2013

Hello again!

I have the LDAPImport extension working. Our LDAP server uses an
aggressive size limit and I have a kludge in place to deal with it.

But today I noticed that LDAPImport has an LDAPSizeLimit parameter.
However, when I turn it on like this:

Set($LDAPSizeLimit, 100);

I get the following error:

[Wed Jul 10 09:10:42 2013] [error]: LDAP search failed Critical
extension not available
(/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.16.2/RT/Extension/LDAPImport.pm:1237)
LDAP search failed Critical extension not available

when I run /usr/bin/rtldapimport

Could it be that the value of LDAPSizeLimit that I set in
RT_SiteConfig.pm must match the server's actual limit exactly? (I was
assuming it just had to be <= the server's actual limit.)

Thanks in advance,
Nathan