[rt-users] Notify all possible workers a ticket is available

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 5 15:38:41 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) <SJC at qvii.com>wrote:

> **
> If I want to notify all potential workers in a queue a new ticket is
> available, would Notify Other Recipients be what I'm looking for? The
> manager of the service department wants the following behavior: If a ticket
> is created and not assigned to a user, then all possible users that could
> take the ticket should receive an email a ticket is waiting.

Take a look at lib/RT/Action/NotifyGroup.pm that shows how to subclass
Notify.pm, you should do the same, but probably it would be named
NotifyPotentialOwners.pm.

Take a look at share/html/Elements/SelectOwnerDropdown to understand how to
get list of potential owners of a ticket.

Combine together, register ScripAction in DB, use it in a notification
scrip, share with others.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.