[rt-users] User replies being rejected - Permissions problem

Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) SJC at qvii.com
Fri Jun 7 13:18:55 EDT 2013

Our second RT site has gone up & is working very well. Most of the
problems we have had are just minor permission tweaks. One issue
however, is puzzling me.

I've gotten two emails from the system, both reading:

RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does not allow
for the creation of a new user for this email (EMAIL_REDACTED).

You might need to grant 'Everyone' the right 'ReplyToTicket' for the
queue QUEUE_REDACTED.

I have permissions on all of my queues for the Requestor to be permitted
to Comment or Reply to tickets.

Here is how the system is currently being used: Since we're
transitioning off of a distribution group, the admin staff is converting
the emails into tickets. When the ticket is created, they are removing
their email address as the Requestor & putting in the customers email
address.

Is it because the logged in user isn't the "Requestor" that this is
happening? I've currently done as suggested in the email to be sure
incoming mail will flow properly for now.

Stephen Cena
QVII
MIS/IT Dept
850 Hudson Ave.
Rochester, NY. 14620
585-544-0450 x300
sjc at qvii.com
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all."
--For email related issues, please contact postmaster at qvii.com