[rt-users] Decrypting messages with GPG

Oliver Day oday at securingchange.org
Wed Jun 12 18:30:23 EDT 2013

I haven't found documentation that explains how to cache passwords that
will allow mailgate to decrypt messages sent to RT. I've set the home
directory to the default location and imported the appropriate keys. So I'm
able to encrypt a message to a user and I'm able to decrypt that message
and respond. But in the ticket itself the response I send back is displayed
as "Message body not shown because it is not plain text." with a MIME type
of "application/pgp-encrypted".

I know about gpg-agent and I've even gone as far as launching gpg-agent as
the user www-data (the user my webserver uses) but I'm unsure how to cache
the keys into gpg-agent. Or is this approach completely wrong?

Oliver

Details of RT Installation:
version: 4.0.7
OS: Debian Wheezy