[rt-users] Populating a Custom Field from an Action

Daniel Tinoco-Silva daniel.tinoco at mcgill.ca
Fri Jun 14 10:29:56 EDT 2013

Hello,

I've really racked my brain with something that seems pretty simple in theory:

I have two queues (A and B). When a specific field is changed in Queue A, an action is triggered, which creates a ticket in Queue B. Part of the scrip is:

$TicketObj->Create( Queue => $queue, Subject => $subject, Parents => $TicketNumber);

I want to also include the value for a custom field in Queue B, using the same line of code. I've read that I can do that by passing CustomField-<n> .

Ultimately, the call would look something like:

$TicketObj->Create( Queue => $queue, Subject => $subject, Parents => $TicketNumber, CustomField-<n> => "Value");

So, two questions:

1)      Is this possible? Am I even close?

2)      How would you get the CustomField ID that would replace the letter "n" in CustomField-<n>?

Are there any examples I can look at?

Thanks for any help you're able to provide. I would really appreciate it.

Best,

Daniel..