[rt-users] RES: Is it possible to specify a different user with RT CLI ?

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Sun Jun 16 06:38:46 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 5:04 AM, Jean-Christophe Boggio <
rt-users at thefreecat.org> wrote:

> Le 14/06/2013 20:58, Kevin Falcone a écrit :
>
>  It actually wants an RT::CurrentUser, but RT will do the conversion
>> for you.
>>

> Thanks for this info, I'll see if I can do better. Any hint for the new()
> methods ? Where are they declared ?
>

>  As a side note, the RT->Init() is very long, mainly because of
>>> RT::I18N->Init()
>>>

>> This surprises me, what's slow and how did you profile it?
>>

> I don't really know. I replaced my RT::Init() call with every line from
> RT::Init() and placed a warn between every line, then I tailed -f
> /var/log/apache2/error.log. For RT::I18N->Init() it
> took several seconds while the rest was instantaneous. So I commented out
> that line.

I can believe that. Our po files getting big and loading them takes time. I
have "loading po files on demand" patch on my todo, but not sure when I get
to it.

>  You could limit the languages that RT loads, but that may not do
>> what you want.  You may also run into really weird errors depending
>> on what parts of RT you invoke.
>>

> I just want to comment/correspond tickets.
>
> Maybe in the future I will use the library to create groups (currently I
> create them with RT::CLI and modify them in the DB because I use special
> "type" and "instance" values -- for "UserDefined" domain only).

Note that Type is going away in RT 4.2, so a group would be Domain, Name
and Instance. I think you should consider using RT::Attribute.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.