[rt-users] RES: Is it possible to specify a different user with RT CLI ?

Jean-Christophe Boggio rt-users at thefreecat.org
Mon Jun 17 10:13:34 EDT 2013

Ruslan,

Thanks for your comments.

> I can believe that. Our po files getting big and loading them takes
> time. I have "loading po files on demand" patch on my todo, but not sure
> when I get to it.

No problem for me but sure, it'll be a good improvement.

> Note that Type is going away in RT 4.2, so a group would be Domain, Name
> and Instance. I think you should consider using RT::Attribute.

Thanks for the info... I will move this information to the Attributes table.

A few notes though :

I have blacklisted the Attributes table in my mind because of the way
most data is stored in there because you can't access it in SQL (the
"storable" content-type).

I am about to implement some kind of "bookmarks" function (to keep track
of the last N tickets you've been commenting, this is what we currently
use "bookmarks" for) but I *need* to find the info from SQL :
requirement are :
- find "open unbookmarked tickets",
- find "bookmarked" tickets for every user from a group
- find who bookmarked one specific ticket.
(we have 11000+ users)

Here, the "Attributes" table will miss at least one column to implement
multi-instanciation (last 5 bookmarked tickets for a user). Could you
consider adding one extra field for flexibility (integer would do but
varchar might be even more flexible).

Best regards,

JC