[rt-users] RES: Is it possible to specify a different user with RT CLI ?

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Mon Jun 17 10:36:58 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Jean-Christophe Boggio <
rt-users at thefreecat.org> wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
> Thanks for your comments.
>

>  I can believe that. Our po files getting big and loading them takes
>> time. I have "loading po files on demand" patch on my todo, but not sure
>> when I get to it.
>>

> No problem for me but sure, it'll be a good improvement.
>

>  Note that Type is going away in RT 4.2, so a group would be Domain, Name
>> and Instance. I think you should consider using RT::Attribute.
>>

> Thanks for the info... I will move this information to the Attributes
> table.
>
> A few notes though :
>
> I have blacklisted the Attributes table in my mind because of the way most
> data is stored in there because you can't access it in SQL (the "storable"
> content-type).

It's only stored that way if you're saving data structures. Simple values
are stored as text.

> I am about to implement some kind of "bookmarks" function (to keep track
> of the last N tickets you've been commenting, this is what we currently use
> "bookmarks" for) but I *need* to find the info from SQL : requirement are :
> - find "open unbookmarked tickets",
> - find "bookmarked" tickets for every user from a group

- find who bookmarked one specific ticket.
> (we have 11000+ users)

Well, it doesn't explain need to abuse Type and Instance. Above description
unclear on what is "bookmarked ticket". Last value makes no sense - if user
commented on 20 tickets within last 24 hours then 15 of them are not
"bookmarked", so 15 tickets are not bookmarked by this user, but he updated
them within 24 hours. I think you should start from more formal spec and
try it on paper first for several cases.

Here, the "Attributes" table will miss at least one column to implement

--
Best regards, Ruslan.