[rt-users] hiding queues

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Jun 24 11:24:45 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:21:31AM -0400, SSzretter wrote:
>    The problem is, when I log in as this user, it sends them to /SelfService, where they can
>    create a new ticket (which is good), but then it is listing both the general queue, and a
>    'private' queue I have created. It allows the user the create a ticket in both queues!
>
>    For private queue I have tried setting NO check boxes and also setting one permission for the
>    staff users for example, no difference.

If the user is seeing the Queue in Self Service then they have somehow
been granted both SeeQueue and CreateTicket.

I know you say you have no global rights, but that's the most likely
place for this to have happened.  It's common to grant Everyone
CreateTicket so that they can send email to RT.  You may have also
handed SeeQueue out there.

If you're really at a loss, you can look in the ACL database table for
the RightName of SeeQueue and CreateTicket.  You can send the list
output from the DB if you're not sure how to parse it.

-kevin