[rt-users] '--' in request cuts off history when replying?

candidochris ccandido at turn14.com
Mon Jun 24 14:31:32 EDT 2013

Hi all,

We're running RT 4.0.4 and we found a weird set of circumstances. The only
modification we have to our system is a local override to move the signature
to the top.

Here is what I am experiencing:

* A requestor emails in their response and their e-mail contains '--'
* When our staff reply to their ticket, the history ends at that '--'

So if I email in a ticket saying "Please -- look into this issue..." , when
my staff replies to the ticket, the history is limited to "Please" (the text
before '--').

I'm sure it's those characters being interpreted as an RT user signature but
I cannot find a good way to fix this. I would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks!