[rt-users] Time entries as separate transaction type

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Mon Mar 18 15:34:43 EDT 2013

On 03/14/2013 01:26 AM, Maciej Dobrzanski wrote:
> So far we have been using short comments with Time Worked to record time in
> RT, but that is not very convenient as time records are being e-mailed to
> everyone just like any other comments. I am thinking of separating most time
> entries into their own transaction type to keep them inside RT only, but
> that would also allow us to do better reporting.

This already exists in core RT.  On the Comment page, simply enter time
worked without any message and click the "Update Ticket" button.

You may also be interested in the RT::Extension::QuickAddTimeWorked
plugin which makes this process easier.

https://metacpan.org/module/RT::Extension::QuickAddTimeWorked