[rt-users] no new tickets for Mail Delivery failures.

Robert McNicholas robm at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 18 12:06:45 EDT 2013

Hi Arun,

We have a similar set up where new users are automatically created for
incoming tickets.

What I did was to find the MAILER-DAEMON user in our database and
uncheck the box that says, "Let this user access RT".  Now when mail
comes in from that user, it is rejected with a "no permission" error.

This solution has also worked for keeping another group's ticketing
system from opening tickets in our system with its autoreplies. :-)

Hope this helps,

-Rob
Dept. of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences
UC Berkeley