[rt-users] Problems with Custom Fields.

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Wed Sep 25 05:12:43 EDT 2013

 Le 25/09/2013 à 02:48:02-0500, Brian Bowles a écrit

> I've recently installed RT and am trying to get an environment working.  I have
> created 2 users and custom fields.  My problem is I can never see any of the
> custom fields anywhere in RT.  I've applied the C.F.'s to queues, tickets, and
> globally.  I've yet to ever see them appear in the interface except when
> looking under Configuration/Custom Fields.  syslog has no errors any more, so
> what should I do to debug this?  I assume it is a permission problem but I also
> assumed I would have had at least 1 C.F. to appear somewhere by now as I've
> tried multiple approaches.  I don't even see any C.F.'s in the root account
> either.
>
> Is there some simple list where I can get it working then possibly work
> backwards?

thing to check :

    Inside the web interface go to

        Tools -> configuration -> queue

        Select you queue

    Go to Ticket Custom Fields

        See if you custom field is selected.

After that (in same panel) go to User Right (or Group Right) and give you
all right in General Rights & Staff Rights.

You should now see the custom field inside Ticket Metadata

Not sure that help...but well..I hope...

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH
DIO bâtiment 15