[rt-users] An Approval Queue Problem

AJ aaron.mccarthy at southwestern.ie
Wed Aug 6 05:09:22 EDT 2014

I have created a queue called "ReviewApproval" with the "approval" Lifecycle.
I use it in tandem with the built-in "___Approvals" queue.

Both queues share nearly identical response templates (The in-built
"___Approvals" queue needs no scrips. "ReviewApproval" has custom scrips to
mirror the "___Approvals" behaviour).

When a ticket is created, two depends-on tickets are also created; One in
the "ReviewApproval" queue and another in the "___Approvals" queue.

When the "ReviewApproval" ticket is resolved, the template response is
applied to the depends-on ticket in the "ReviewApproval" queue NOT the
original ticket.

When the "___Approvals" ticket is resolved the template response IS added to
the original ticket.

How can I mimic the "___Approvals" response behaviour?